Fulbright Canada application deadline
The application deadline for Fulbright Scholar Grants in Canada is quickly approaching on August 3, 2015. Why Canada? While Canada and the United States share a continent and deeply held core values, the two countries have distinct historical, political, and cultural realities. Fulbright Canada encourages you not only to engage in innovative collaborative research at top tier Canadian institutions, but also to live new cultural experiences in your neighboring country! Below you will find a list of programs for American Scholars and Students.
Awards for American Scholars
Applicants can apply to the:
Ø Distinguished Chairs Program: US$35,000 for one semester (4 months)
Ø Visiting Research Chairs Program: US$25,000 for one semester (4 months)
Ø Traditional (All Disciplines) Award: US$12,500 for one semester (4 months), or US$25,000 for a full academic year (9 months)
Ø Postdoctoral Research Award: US$30,000 for one academic year (9 months), or US$50,000 for a full calendar year (12 months)
Ø Fulbright-Carlos Rico Award for North American Studies: US$12,500 for one semester in Canada plus US$2,300 per month in Mexico
Ø Specialist Program: Short-term collaboration on curriculum and faculty development, institutional planning and a variety of other activities at Canadian institutions.
Research Theme Links
Instructional video: Awards for US Scholars
Inquiries: Brad Hector, Program Officer (Scholars), firstname.lastname@example.org
Core Facts about the awards
· The Fulbright Canada competition for American scholars is now open, and closes August 3, 2015
· The competition is for awards taken up September 2016 and/or January 2017
· Candidates must be U.S. citizens,
· Hold a Ph.D. or equivalent professional/terminal degree as appropriate. Candidates outside academia (e.g., professionals, artists) with recognized professional standing and substantial professional accomplishments are also eligible
· Be proficient in English
Graduate Students can apply to the:
Ø Traditional Fulbright student awards: US$15,000 for one nine-month academic year. These all-discipline awards can be taken up at any college, university, think tank, or government agency in Canada.
Ø Fulbright-mtvU Fellowships: Grants are for one nine-month academic year. Projects should center around research on an aspect of international musical culture, and should focus on contemporary or popular music as a cultural force for expression or change.
Ø Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) Awards: Valued at US$120,000 for three academic years, this award is for students in STEM fields who wish to study at one of six top-ranked partner research institutions in Canada.
Ø Fulbright-National Geographic Digital Storytelling Fellowships: Grants are for one nine-month academic year. Digital storytelling projects (using text, photography, video, audio, graphic illustrations, and/or social media) can take place in up to three countries on a globally significant theme.
Core Facts about the awards
· Fulbright Canada competition for American graduate students is now open, and closes on
October 13, 2015
· The competition is for awards taken up for one 9-month academic year starting September 2016
· Candidates must be American citizens,
· Be in receipt of a bachelor’s degree prior to the proposed start date of the grant, and
Inquiries: Michelle Emond, Program Officer (Students), email@example.com
Fulbright Canada at a glance:
· With approximately 360,000 Fulbright alumni in more than 155 countries, the Fulbright program is the gold standard in academic exchange and a leader in public diplomacy.
· The Foundation for Educational Exchange between Canada and the United States of America (Fulbright Canada) is a binational, treaty-based, non-governmental, not-for-profit organization with a mandate to identify the best and brightest minds in both countries and engage them in residential academic exchange.
· The mandate of Fulbright Canada is to enhance mutual understanding between the people of Canada and the people of the United States of America by providing support to outstanding individuals. These individuals conduct research, lecture, or enroll in formal academic programs in the other country. In doing so, Fulbright Canada aims to grow intellectual capacity, increase productivity, and assist in the shaping of future leaders.